Subject: Re: vaio and cardbus
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 12/16/1999 10:37:33
On 16 Dec 1999 09:54:48 -0800
 Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com> wrote:

 > There are still some rough edges, but the 100BaseTX comes up and moves
 > bits like a bat out of hell.  Moving those 650Meg CDROM images to the
 > laptop is certainly going to be much more pleasant now.

What kind of throughput are you seeing?  I've spent so much time on that
bloody driver that I'm always curious exactly how well it's working for
folks :-)

 > One small bug worth noting is that I can no-longer use the etherlink
 > (ep0) card with the cardbus kernel.  Two copies of the same etherlink
 > card are found and assigned ep0 and ep1.  The resulting mess leaves
 > both the ep0 and ep1 "image" wedged.

Interesting... I have plopped `ep' cards into my CardBus system and had
them work fine (modulo an annoying long-time-to-reset bug which I would
like to fix so I can use it reliably with DHCP :-)