Subject: Re: src/dist is a *bad* idea
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/15/1999 17:31:00
[ On Thursday, December 16, 1999 at 08:54:44 (+1100), Luke Mewburn wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: src/dist is a *bad* idea
> What does `putting up with it, albiet noisily' achieve, other than
> make you appear to be the `boy who cried wolf'...

I mean the current noise I'm making, though of course I won't hesitate
to complain again if something even more idiotic happens in this vein.

I'm also willing to discuss the CVS issues, either privately or in
info-cvs; and I'm willing to discuss the more academic issues of having
an integrated source tree vs. the concept of src/dist and vpath make,
again either privately or in current-users (or perhaps a tech- list).

That said I'll "pass the talking stick"....

							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <>; Secrets of the Weird <>