Subject: Re: CVSup collections for NetBSD CVS tree
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/14/1999 10:30:07
> On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Wolfram Schneider wrote:
> > I don't believe that a FreeBSD/i386 binary runs much slower on NetBSD/i386
> > machine than on a FreeBSD/i386 machine. Same for SunOS/SPARC and
> > FreeBSD/alpha binaries.

The point is (and this has been hashed through in a long prior thread) that
it would be inappropriate for The NetBSD Foundation to officially recommend a
method to upgrade your set of sources, using tools which can't be natively
compiled. As our whole source tree can be built with one command from the
source dirs....

It would be similar to providing documentation that could only be read with
Netscape. (no NetBSD binary available, and emulation binaries not available on
all NetBSD ports.) - and I don't mean .html, which could be read by lynx or
other browsers - _my example is something that could only be read by
Netscape_.

(Fending off the next in a recent series of misunderstandings in my examples
;-)

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,