Subject: Re: Compact Flash w/ Sony VAIO quirks (fixed?)
To: Castor Fu <castor@geocast.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 12/12/1999 12:24:16
On Sun, 12 Dec 1999 12:14:19 -0800 (PST)
 "Castor Fu" <castor@geocast.com> wrote:

 > > If turning on debugging makes the card work, this suggests a timing
 > > problem, yes?
 >
 > Sure.
 >
 > Sticking a delay before the debug printf in wdccommand_intr during
 > the attach seems to work equivalently.  When I have some more time,
 > I can dig into it further, but if others have seen similar problems,
 > maybe there's a common problem.

I note that before one instance of __wdccommand_intr() there is the following;

	/*
	 * Polled command. Wait for drive ready or drq. Done in intr().
	 * Wait for at last 400ns for status bit to be valid.
	 */
	delay(10);
	__wdccommand_intr(chp, xfer, 0);

...perhaps we should move that `delay(10)' into the body of
__wdccommand_intr()?  Try that, and see what happens...