Subject: PCI Modems?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/1999 20:18:49
Hi,
I just got a "AOpenFM56-PM" PCI Modem for my i386.  It appears
NetBSD-current doesn't support this.  The autoconf output is:
unknown vendor 0x14f1 product 0x1036 (miscellaneous communications,
revision 0x0
8) at pci0 dev 11 function 0 not configured
The box says "Main Chipset: RS56/SP-PCI" and "16550/A compatible enhanced
UART". I assumed that NetBSD would just need the necessary glue to attach
the com driver to the UART on the PCI bus.  Is this the case, or is going
to be more difficult to add support for this?  Is anyone working on, or
have plans to work on support for modems like this?

Thanks,
	Rick
Rick Byers                       University of Waterloo, Computer Science
rickb@iaw.on.ca                               http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/