Subject: Re: awi/cnw driver fun..
To: Bill Sommerfeld <email@example.com>
From: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 12/11/1999 11:35:12
>> It was detected by the awi driver (also to my own suprise), not the
>> cnw. It presented me with a awi net interface.
>This seems surprising at first given that the awi driver matches based
>purely on manufacturer/device id's, but I get the impression that Bay
>wound up buying the manufacturers of the netwave. Must be exactly the
>same device under the covers..
If I remember correctly,
- Netwave was a division of Xircom. They produced "Xircom Netwave"
- Netwave became a separate company. Product was renamed to
"Netwave AirSurfer" (non-plus).
- Separate product, "Netwave AirSurfer Plus" came.
- Bay bought Netwave.
- (maybe here are some products, which are basically idential to
"Netwave AirSurfer Plus"... I don't remember)
- "BayStack 650" and "BayStack 660" came out.