Subject: Re: Status Report NetBSD on IBM Thinkpad 570 (WARNING: low tech content)
To: Tatoku Ogaito <tacha@trap.fukui-med.ac.jp>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/1999 12:15:17
On Fri, Dec 10, 1999 at 11:56:46AM +0900, Tatoku Ogaito wrote:
> >> On Fri, 10 Dec 1999 01:20:13 +0100
>  Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org> wrote:
>
>  > I am a happy user of a brand new thinkpad 570. Happy because it's a
>  > very fine machine, but also very much because NetBSD runs so fine
>  > on it. Except for the builtin sound, everything just works, even
>
> If your ThinkPad has "Cirrus Logic CS4280" as mine does, I have written
> a driver for it. The driver does not support midi yet, but works fine
> playback and capturing for me. It was sent to augustss@netbsd.org
> for code review.

Oh goodie! I think you just destroyed the last technical argument for
running Linux on these machines ;-). The only Linux driver for it
is semi-commercial. Could you send me the source too? I'd be happy
to test it and it would be nice for the two NetBSD thinkpads here to
be the first to get audio working :-).

Thanks,

Feico.