Subject: Re: Answer to "which echo.c"
To: None <>
From: Peter Seebach <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/1999 13:45:10
In message <>, Jaromir Dolecek writes:
>Jonathan Cline wrote:
>> Or how fast security holes in NetBSD might be plugged after they
>> were patched in OpenBSD..
>Please don't refer to OpenBSD as implicitly more secure than NetBSD
>or any other OS just because they claim it's so.

For what it's worth, someone on one of these lists pointed out a specific,
concrete, hole *new in OpenBSD*.  I referred to this in gnu.misc.discuss,
and Theo tore into me.  He asked if I knew anything about security.  I
said "not really; just reporting things I've heard.  Oh, here's the email
I got that from".  Never heard back.  :)

I guess he's too busy to argue with me.  ;-)