Subject: Re: FreeBSD ELF emulation
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/1999 17:20:58
On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 04:49:42PM +0100, Frank van der Linden wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 04:43:12PM +0100, Feico Dillema wrote:
> > The linux binary fails as it depends on
> > the linux /proc filesystem. The freebsd binary is an ELF binary which
> > is AFAICS not supported in NetBSD at the moment.
>
> I haven't tried for a while, but FreeBSD ELF binaries should work..
> at least, the binary format is not an issue. Have you tried
> running it? If so, how did it fail?

I owe you all an apology! I didn't work because I didn't have proper
version of ELF libc installed (libc and ldd out of sync). The /proc
problem is also bogus, it just hadn't been mounted. Arf!
(I recently got a new machine, and while I had procfs in my fstab,
I'd forgotten a mkdir /proc. I need to get some more sleep...).
Sorry and thanks. This is good news and will help phasing out
any non-NetBSD OSes around here ;-)...

greetings,

Feico.