Subject: Re: -current build problem
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Bill Marquette <billm@danger.ms>
List: current-users
Date: 12/08/1999 10:11:23
On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, der Mouse wrote:
> > /usr/build/usr/lib/libc.a(nsparser.o): In function `_nsyyparse':
> > nsparser.o(.text+0x202): undefined reference to `_nsyylex'
> > nsparser.o(.text+0x30b): undefined reference to `_nsyyerror'
> > nsparser.o(.text+0x472): undefined reference to `_nsyylineno'
> > nsparser.o(.text+0x477): undefined reference to `_nsyytext'
> > nsparser.o(.text+0x5d6): undefined reference to `_nsyylex'
> > nsparser.o(.text+0x686): undefined reference to `_nsyyerror'
>
> In my experience, problems surrounding nsparser.o are usually due to a
> broken /dev/stdout being present when libc was being rebuilt.  ISTR
> that it usually died much earlier than it did for you, but check to see
> if any of the ns*.[ch] files created during the libc build are
> empty...this might not be your problem, but it's a cheap check. :)

Ouch, you are absolutely right.  Somehow /dev/stdout got trashed (probably
a file I missed when I had my earlier disk corruption) and the
output of the following lex:
lex  -P_nsyy -o/dev/stdout /usr/src/lib/libc/net/nslexer.l | sed -e
'/YY_BUF_SIZE/s/16384/1024/' >nslexer.c

was creating /dev/stdout w/ the contents of the lex'd nslexer.l and a 0
byte nslexer.c

I just kicked off a make in lib/libc and it looks good so far so I'm going
to cancel it and try a make build again with fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help!!!

--Bill