Subject: Re: RAID suggestions
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/1999 08:55:34
Michael Graff writes:

> I _have_ gotten several netbsd-1-4 branch lockups dealing with
> inodes.  In every case, every process in my system is stuck waiting
> for an inode, or at least with "inode" as the wait string.

I've had several "lockups" recently on -current. :-) On my i386 (with ddb)
the 'ps' shows a number of things (like cpp/make) waiting on
'getnewb' (getnewbuf?) and I am able to still ping the box.  While it
was still working normally, I dropped into ddb and 'ps' didn't show
anything in the 'getnewb' state.

I am using soft dependencies on all of the local filesystems (/, /usr)
and they are *not* full. :)

If this is not an already known issue, I can collect more information
and send-pr it.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.