Subject: Re: PPP woes
To: Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 12/04/1999 15:29:01
On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 10:59:54PM +0200, Jukka Marin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I still wish the PPP daemon was changed not to break a connection when lots
> of IP traffic is occurring but LPC packets aren't being replied to.
>
> I'm following the RealAudio transmission from NASA and it seems that the
> UDP "flooding" blocks the LPC packets and the PPP drops the connection
> every now and then :-(

This is certainly not the rigth fix, but as a stopgap measure could you try
to comment out the following lines in if_ppp.c and tell if it solves the
problem:
        if (ip->ip_tos & IPTOS_LOWDELAY)
		    m0->m_flags |= M_HIGHPRI;

(this is lines 749-750 in -current, may be different in 1.4.1+)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>