Subject: Re: RAID suggestions
To: None <>
From: Kenneth D. Merry <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/03/1999 13:43:09 wrote...
> In message <>, Andy D
> oran writes:
> >Some later boards have "Storage Manager on ROM" that you can activate with
> >Ctrl-S when it asks for Ctrl-D at boot :). I've managed to get the SCO
> >storage manager running under emulation, but it needs a compatible ioctl
> >interface.
> The later boards are the SmartRaid V, according to DPT - and those aren't
> supported in any system that can't keep the source hidden.

DPT released a driver for the SmartRAID V for FreeBSD 2.2.x, which should
be relatively easy to port to NetBSD.

There is also Simon Shapiro's I2O layer for FreeBSD, which includes
support for the SmartRAID V cards.  The information/source is available

Note that Simon's I2O layer is separate from CAM, since I2O doesn't quite
fit in a SCSI layer.

Kenneth Merry