Subject: Re: Adaptec AIC6370 SCSI supported? And the 2930U2?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/02/1999 23:48:33
On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 01:46:50PM -0700, Brook Milligan wrote:
> Is the Adaptec AIC6370 SCSI chip supported?  Is it close enough to
> another (e.g., 6360?) that a driver could be written easily?

I just want to add to this question: and how about the Adaptec 2930U2?
The number is close to the 2940, but I guess that may mean little. I
saw the FreeBSD driver supports it, so I'm wondering how difficult
would it be to port it from FreeBSD to NetBSD. Is the FreeBSD related/
similar to the NetBSD one? It's not on the immediate critical path
for me, so I could spend some Sunday afternoons on it and enhance
my mostly absent kernel hacking skills a bit ;-}.

Feico.