Subject: Re: odd ipf behaviour
To: Paul Newhouse <newhouse@rockhead.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/02/1999 12:22:23
On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 09:56:25AM -0400, David Maxwell wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 09:19:07PM -0800, Paul Newhouse wrote:
> > This rule:
> >   pass out log quick on de1 to ne0 from 24.1.4.202 to any
> >
> > seems to work for forcing the packets that came in on ne0 back out ne0
> > for other addresses.

On further review, that rule looks good for what you're trying to do.

> > The packets don't show up on any interface!?  I don't get it, where do these
> > packets go?  This is weigh/whey/way to weird!! ;(

Are you running ipmon? You have 'log' in that rule, so check and see whether
the rule hits match the tcpdump output. Then we'll know if it's dropped between
the two, or if the rule stopped working.

(About an Amiga rendering landscapes) It's not thinking, it's being artistic!
					      - Jamie Woods