Subject: Re: aic at isa broken in current?
To: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: current-users
Date: 12/01/1999 02:53:38
Hi!

Mutt made be believe that Julian Coleman wrote:
> Could you try a kernel without the :
>
>   ss*     at scsibus? target ? lun ?              # SCSI scanners
>
> ?  The code (based on PiNT) only supports a few models of scanner and doesn't
> support 'userland' SCSI.  Without this, the scanner will then show up as an
> unknown device (uk0).

Yes, works much better with uk0. I even managed to make a scan today
(after disabling "clever precalibration", which seems to take too long
and fail the following commands). Great!

"scsictl uk0 identify" also works now, btw. (it doesn't in 1.4.1)

Only one more question for now: Shouldn't "scsictl /dev/scsibus0
reset" work? It doesn't work for me, neither for the Adaptec 1502 nor
the Adaptec 2940UW.

Thanks for the help,
 Thomas

--