Subject: Re: minor change to "make build": add MKOBJDIRS (defaults to off)
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 11/30/1999 18:46:45
On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> Would it make sense to set MKOBJDIRS=yes if OBJMACHINE is set?
> (it seems OBJMACHINE is not documented, though...)

Depends on how we document it. If we document it as I understand it now
(which we don't have to do!), OBJMACHINE means that if you do obj dirs,
you should add .MACHINE to them.

If we document it as, "do obj dirs and add .MACHINE to the end," then we
should change the behavior.

I'd prefer to not couple the two as it makes .MACHINE a default which I
turn on and off by choosing to make obj or not (I use the NetBSD make
files for more than just our source tree).

Take care,

Bill