Subject: NetBSD-release on mission-critical machine?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/25/1999 21:29:58
Hi,
I'll be upgrading the main unix box for an ISP sometime soon.  I was
planning on upgrading it to NetBSD-1.4.1, but now with the recent problems
with amd and bind (I assume the bind fix will be pulled up to the
-release branch?), I was thinking maybe I should put it to NetBSD-release
and setup anoncvs so that it can be updated easily.  Is this a good idea?
Do others run -release on critical machines?  Ideally, someone would pick
and chose what pieces to upgrade on the machine, but there is no full time
admin so they need a low maintenance solution.

So, what do you think?  Run NetBSD-1.4.1 and upgrade the BIG problems, or
run NetBSD-release and risk a little in exchange for quick & easy bug
fixes?

Thanks,
	Rick

Rick Byers                       University of Waterloo, Computer Science
rickb@iaw.on.ca                               http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/