Subject: Re: WARNING: softdep bug
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/1999 12:09:04
On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 02:08:01PM +1100, Daniel Carosone wrote:

> I just had a problem with softdep, after filling a filesystem the
> contents of about 2Gb of recently-written files disappeared, leaving
> me with 0-length files.  Shortly thereafter, while doing further
> testing, I had a panic.
>
> Investigations continue, in the meantime it might be a good idea to
> avoid softdep, certainly if you're likely to fill filesystems, for
> just a little while longer.
>
> tunefs -n disable ... on the unmounted raw device will turn it off
> again.

I deleted this discussion before I hit this panic:

++++++++++++++++++++
uid 0 on /usr: file system full
panic: pool_get(vmmpepl): free list modified: magic=3a62b60; page 0x3a62000; ite
m addr 0x3a63574

i4b-L1-isic_isac_exir_hdlr: EXIRQ Rx Frame Overflow
call_sicallback: 289 more dynamic structures 297 total
syncing disks... 49 49 45 26 13 3 3 3 panic: remrunqueue

the interupt problems are probably cause by the softint being blocked, while
the hard interupts schedule soft ints...

Now, this kernel contains trickle sync, but not softdep. Which file
needs to be up-to-date?

	-is