Subject: Re: WARNING: softdep bug
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/1999 22:16:54
Frank van der Linden writes:

 > I would urge people to use it (on non-critical filesystems), so that
 > bugs like these are actually noticed and solved.

Agreed, that's why I had it on in the first place; I still have it on.

I have updated to a newer kernel, that has the vnode leak fix.  So far
no further problems, but I'm yet to fill the fs again.

 > So, unless your filesystem is likely to fill up, I hope people will
 > continue to test the code.

Yes, please do - my warning was intended to prevent people losing data
they actually cared about by turning it on too enthusiastically.

--
Dan.