Subject: Re: offtopic: kbd doesnt respond on 1.4.1/i386
To: nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/16/1999 20:59:26
On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, nm wrote:
> Thanks for the timely response!  I just mounted the root

Not all that timely, actually... :) I saw your mail on netbsd-help, but
was a bit too busy to respond...

> after booting from the NIFTY install disk and changed ttys
> so that I could telnet in as root.  I'm getting ready to
> rebuild with a stripped down kernel now :)

Cool; hope that does the trick for you :)

> Sure, I would be happy to, what would this involve?  Booting a -current
> kernel?

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/1999/11/12/0013.html has a patch
you can try. While it's for -current, it looks like it should work for
1.4.1 too, so I don't think you'll need to upgrade your sources to
NetBSD-current.