Subject: Re: offtopic: kbd doesnt respond on 1.4.1/i386
To: nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/1999 18:24:18
On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, nm wrote:
> time) I do not notice anything strange except that when the login:
> appears they keyboard is totally unresponsive :(  It is an AT style
> keyboard port.

I've run into this problem on two AMD 5x86 systems (UMC chipset
motherboard, PCI slots). The PS/2 mouse port probe is locking up the
keyboard controller. The only way around it that I know of is to
recompile the kernel without the "opms" driver (which can be a bit
tricky if the keyboard's broken :)

If you need a new kernel, let me know, and I might be able to whip
something up.

Also, perhaps you might be able to test some changes to the PS/2 mouse
driver that'll hopefully fix this problem?
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 24 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++