Subject: Re: ext2fs revision 1
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/1999 19:47:19
On Fri, Nov 12, 1999 at 09:48:05PM +0200, Antti Kantee wrote:
> Wow, ignorance does pay off. A freshly created e2fs under a fresh debian
> linux box can't be mounted on NetBSD and I am stuck with data idling on
> the disk.
>
> Is anyone working on supporting revision 1, or does someone know a
> patch-hack-kludge way to be able to mount a rev1 partition read-only?
> Changing the revision number in the kernel isn't enough ;)
>
> All (intelligent-type) suggestions and help worshipped.

Could you try to change the test (2 occurances):
if (fs2h32(fs->e2fs_rev) != E2FS_REV) {
to:
if (fs2h32(fs->e2fs_rev) != E2FS_REV && fs2h32(fs->e2fs_rev) != (E2FS_REV+1)) {

in src/sys/ufs/ext2fs/ext2fs_vfsops.c and see what happen ?
I think you should be at last able to mount it read only (don't try R/W
unless you have backup !).

I'll install a redhat 6.0 on my home PC soon so I should be able to look at
this more closely.