Subject: Re: USB printers?
To: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 11/12/1999 22:43:04
On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 09:34:56AM +0100, Bjoern Labitzke wrote:
> * Jukka Marin (jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi) [991111 09:27]:
> | I assume using USB for a printer is faster and less CPU intensive than
> | using the PC parallel port?
>
> Should be... But at least I have to revive my last ulpt PR, because the
> usage of ulpt kills my machine again. (It seems it works some rare times and
> I got one of them at my test before my final feedback. :-( )

I seem to have no problems with my new HP DeskJet 970Cxi and NetBSD-release.
USB works just fine (ever since I started usbd :-) and I managed to create
a printcap entry for the HP, so..

The print quality is quite good with regular paper, I'm trying to get better
paper soon.  I see some white pixels in the printouts where there should be
some other color - don't know what causes this (maybe a bug in ghostscript
or the dj550 driver, dunno).

Anyway, it works - just in case someone else is interested to know.

  -jm