Subject: Re: jdk?
To: Scott Bartram <scottb@iis.com>
From: Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/11/1999 23:19:59
On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Scott Bartram wrote:

# I started a JDK 1.2 port a couple of months ago but it keeps getting
# pushed down on the priority list. Again, you can get the source from
# Sun and then start with the Linux patches (www.blackdown.org) and then
# finish the port from there.

	The linux version *almost* works on my -current box.  It'd be
really cool to have an official distribution, though.  :)

	I'm fairly disappointed with jdk, however.  If it's supposed to be
so great and ``write once, run everywhere,'' and all that, why don't they
make a version of jdk that you can actually *build*?  The jdk 1.2
distribution lists jdk 1.2 as a requirement (in addition to Solaris and
Windows).  What's up with that?

--
dustin sallings                            The world is watching America,
http://2852210114/~dustin/                 and America is watching TV.