Subject: Domex 3191D SCSI host adapter
To: None <>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/1999 13:39:36
I just received my mustek scanner, it came with a simple
PCI SCSI card labled as:
	Domex DMX-3191D
with an
	Domex 536
chip as controller.

Domex homepage ( doesn't say anything about that
card, except that they are "OEM Models for scanner bundle projects".

Some Umax scanners are shipped with an OEM version, wich Umax calls
"UDS-IS11/PCI", here's a link for some information about that card:

NetBSD detects it as:
unknown vendor 0x134a product 0x0001 (SCSI mass storage) at pci0 dev 11 function
 0 not configured

From greping the web I know that the Domex 436 used in the older Domex 3181
ISA-cards was very similar to some NCR ships (I found some patches for
linux) so I doubt that the 536 will be something completly unique.

If it's possible I would like to use that card in my "secondary" computer
for the scanner instead of the symbios logic in my "primary" workstation.
(Mustek scanners don't support disconnect/reconnect).
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.