Subject: Re: awi/BayStack cards
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/1999 16:13:04
In the high-AP-density environment of the hotel, roaming clearly
doesn't work right.  (not surprising, since I only got one AP to play
with..).  Like itojun, it worked for me for a little while, and then
it decided it needed to rescan for a new AP for some reason, locked
into the new AP, and then it stopped working altogether).

I'm going to have to stare at the 802.11 spec some more to see what i
have to do in order to hand off from one AP to another (I think i may
have to send a "reassociation request to the new AP" and possibly a
"deassociation request" to the old one.

mgmt subtype 4 is a "probe request"; according to the firmware doc, it
is processed by the firmware and should just be discarded by the
driver..

					- Bill