Subject: Re: ppp woes continued
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/06/1999 19:05:38
On Nov 6,  5:43am, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>> - check that your pppd uses crtscts, (or maybe it is cdtrcts for your sort
>>   of Mac?)
>It _is_ cdtrcts for macs...

Ah.  I have crtscts.  Did that change sometime in the last year or so?

>> - check that your modem is set up to use crtscts
>and that means &D0, for dtrcts.

I have that.

>You probably have the right cable. You can almost get away with using
>the DTR line for both purposes, handshaking and modem control, but a
>long (.7s) pause will cause the modem to hang up (with &D2 or &D3). So
>using the "hardware handshaking" cable _without_ &D0 commonly causes
>the result described, that of hanging up on long downloads.

It wasn't quite that -- it would cease to send/receive anything, though
the send and receive lights would flash when I forced a data send (as in
trying to ping somebody), then after a couple of minutes, disconnect.

Thanks for the info.
~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

One can't proceed from the informal to the formal by formal means.