Subject: Re: FreeBSD FibreChannel support
To: None <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 11/04/1999 17:42:44
On Thu, 4 Nov 1999 17:21:18 -0800 (PST)
 Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com> wrote:

 > > ...especially considering that a fair number of previously happy
 > > Qlogic ISP users now have completely useless boards.
 >
 > No, that's not correct either. Here's an editted copy of what I sent to

Well, it is.  At least some AlphaStation 500 owners have reported
previously (i.e. before you changed the driver to always upload
the firmware!) that the ISP driver did NOT work with the version of
the firmware flashed into the board.

 > + By the same token, I have never done much testing *w/o* loading f/w.
 > We'll have to see what transpires.

Well, my AlphaStation 500 didn't work.  I went back to using a previous
version of the driver I had in another source tree.