Subject: 3CXEM556 vs -current + PCIBIOS + CardBus
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paul B Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/04/1999 13:47:29
Has anyone gotten a 3COM 3CXEM556 to work at all on a laptop running
NetBSD-current?  I've gotten as far as installing the PCIBIOS patches
(yeah!  now USB works), and getting the kernel to attach:

  cbb0->cardslot0->pcmcia0->ep0

But I get a write-only device (it appears to *never* bind an interrupt
to ep0) and if I 'ifconfig ep0 down' is panics in the
pcmcia_intr_disestablish().  Again, I don't think that the interrupts
were *ever* setup correctly.

I've set PCIC_ISA_INTR_ALLOC_MASK to 0xfd5f to avoid IRQs 5, 7 and 9,
but this doesn't help (cbb0 and cbb1 still get bound to irq 9).

Oh, and this is all on a Gateway 9300LS with the TI 1450 cardbus chipset.

Can anyone offer some advice (other than buying another NIC that is)?

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."