Subject: Re: I can't get PPP to work any more
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/02/1999 21:36:47
On Nov 2,  2:49pm, "R. C. Dowdeswell" wrote:
>On 941582488 seconds since the Beginning of the UNIX epoch
>Space Case wrote:
>>pppd: The remote system is required to authenticate itself but I
>>pppd: couldn't find any suitable secret (password) for it to use to do so.
>Add noauth to the pppd options file or command line.  pppd, IIRC,
>requires the remote end to authenitcate itself which you don't need
>for dial-up generally.

Thanks to everyone who suggested the 'noauth' option.  After determining
that my current ISP wants a verbose chat and not PAP (and after removing
the old default route), it now works. :-)

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

We can defeat gravity.  The problem is the paperwork involved.