Subject: Re: none
To: Charles M. Hannum <>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/1999 13:51:49
On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 01:25:46PM -0500, Charles M. Hannum wrote:
> David Maxwell <> writes:
> > What sound hardware do you need to support AC3 though, to get 5.1 channels?
> > 3 sb16s? ;-)
> BTW, there are also some cards with S/PDIF output, which can
> theoretically handle 6 channels of raw PCM.  I'm not sure any of the
> cards actually support that, though.

None that we have drivers for, I think.

The DigiDesign AudioMedia III in the recording station at a previous employer
of mine could input or output on up to a total of 8 channels on its S/PDIF
and analog connectors simultaneously.

Thor Lancelot Simon
	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"