Subject: Re: Supported CardBus 10/100 NICs?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Castor Fu <castor@geocast.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/1999 12:13:15
On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> What 10/00 NICs are supported? Do the Intel ones work yet?
> Is anyone working on support for D-link/Linksys or NetGear cards?

I recently tried a Linksys cardbus card which tulip based on
a Sony VAIO n505ve.  I wasn't able to get it to work under NetBSD or Linux,
but hadn't tried the patches which configured the cardbus bridge.
It's strange, because other Linksys  cardbus cards worked fine under Linux.

I have an old 3com 3c575 which works great with the bios deficiency patch set.

	-castor

p.s. What's the incantation to using a windows-compatible date for the CMOS
time of day clock instead of GMT?  I can't seem to find anything for it.