Subject: Re: DVD player... (part 3)
To: Mario Kemper <>
From: Charles M. Hannum <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/1999 08:33:12 (Mario Kemper) writes:

> In article <>,
> 	"Charles M. Hannum" <> writes:
> >
> > I brought in more DVDs today, and I can play all of A Bug's Life,
> > Alien and Evita.  Eventually I'll get around to trying the others.
> > B-)
> >
> Ist this a software player or does it need spevial hardware? If software,
> what CPU-power is needed?

It more or less works on a PII-450.  I suspect an equivalent Alpha or
PowerPC (maybe even a little slower, since they have lightyears better
floating point) would also work.

However, there are some syncing problems with audio because I'm using
a non-preemptive thread library at the moment.  (Don't worry; it
doesn't sync correctly under Linux, either.)

> Any chance to see your patches as a package RSN? :-)

Well, I posted a notice about where to find them.  I'll make a pkg
when it stabilizes a little more.