Subject: Re: current build attempt failed
To: Hoang Tran <hqt@rocketmail.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/1999 18:47:52
On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Hoang Tran wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this question is obvious. I'm trying to build
> a current machine for the first time.
>
> I installed current i386 snapshot 07041999 in
> /pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/snapshot and retrieved the latest
> current source via sup using the supfile found in
> /usr/share/examples/supfiles.
>
> Following the "Tracking NetBSD-current" doc, I then try to
> recompile the kernel ( cooly ) and here is what I get.
>
> /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf># config cooly
> ../../../../conf/files:431: syntax error
> *** Stop.

That document should have noted that you generally need to use a version
of config of similar vintage as your kernel source. The kernel souce sup
should also pull down the source for config, so that you have the source
for config appropriate for the kernel source you have.

You need to build that version of config, and use it to config the kernel.
:-)

Take care,

Bill