Subject: ANNOUNCE: release of lukemftp 1.0
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <email@example.com>
Date: 10/27/1999 17:16:35
I'm pleased to announce the first public release of lukemftp; version 1.0.
It can be found at:
Here's the `README'.
WHAT IS LUKEMFTP?
`lukemftp' is what many users affectionately call the enhanced ftp
client in NetBSD (http://www.netbsd.org). The `lukem' comes from
the account name of the NetBSD developer who wrote most of the
enhancements: Luke Mewburn <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
This package is a `port' of the NetBSD ftp client to other systems.
The enhancements over the standard ftp client in 4.4BSD include:
* command-line editing within ftp
* command-line fetching of URLS, including support for:
- http proxies (c.f: $http_proxy, $ftp_proxy)
* context sensitive command and filename completion
* dynamic progress bar
* IPv6 support (from the WIDE project)
* modification time preservation
* paging of local and remote files, and of directory listings
(c.f: `lpage', `page', `pdir')
* passive mode support, with fallback to active mode
* `set option' override of ftp environment variables
* socks4/socks5 support
* TIS Firewall Toolkit gate ftp proxy support (c.f: `gate')
* transfer-rate throttling (c.f: `-T', `rate')
Refer to `INSTALL' for more information on how to compile and install
FEEDBACK / BUG REPORTS
Please email feedback back to the maintainer: <email@example.com>.
lukemftp is covered by a BSD-style copyright notice. Please refer to
the file `COPYING' for more information.
The main ftp site for lukemftp is: