Subject: Re: odd runtime linker error
To: None <>
From: Dave Barr <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/26/1999 16:54:35
Ugh.  This bug is insidious.  I've submitted a PR under 'pkg'
but I wonder if that's the right place.  I've classified it
as 'serious' though on hindsight it probably is more like

I've just run across the same bug with rrdtool, which installs
a perl module.   Trying to use the module results in the
same error:

Can't load '/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/sparc-netbsd/auto/RRDs/'
for module RRDs:
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/sparc-netbsd/auto/RRDs/ Undefined
symbol "" (reloc type = 12, symnum = 6) at
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/sparc-netbsd/5.00404/ line 166.

Anyone know of any work-arounds?  Is this indeed SPARC specific?
Could this be related to the -fpic/-fPIC bug (port-sparc/7557)?