Subject: PR-7148 (causes kernel panic)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Carlos Rungi <blackbox@openface.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/26/1999 10:57:20
Has anyone fixed or is anyone planning on fixing PR 7148 for the next release?

This problem pretty much ensures that NetBSD cannot be used as a
BGP border router with a full routing table view, which in my opinion, is a
fairly useful application for the OS.

There's a really easy patch to get around the problem, but I guess its not
considered a 'real fix' or it would have been fixed already.

Anybody who attempts to use NetBSD as a BGP router is going to hit this
problem, and its fairly frustrating to track it down if you don't happen to
know about it beforehand.  I think any sort of fix at all would be well worth
the time it will save people in the future.

Erik Rungi