Subject: Re: CardBus Questions
To: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
From: Jerry Alexandratos <darkstar@UDel.Edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/24/1999 21:37:28
On Sun, Oct 24, 1999 at 12:18:08AM -0400, Brad Spencer wrote:

[snip]

: Hello...
:
: Although I do not have the same hardware, I did experience the same sort
: of messages on my Toshiba notebook.  I had to go into the BIOS and change
: the ports from being "auto probed" to "Cardbus/16 bit".  After that, the
: cardbus was probed and things attached, including the former pcmcia stuff.
:
: I don't know if Sony notebooks can do something simular.

No, they can't.  8(  Thanks for the suggestion though, I really
appreciate it.

I think that the Ricoh card uses a newer Intel chipset (I think it
probes as the 82557SL).  Unfortunately, I don't have a clue where to
start looking, "intr unconfig" is kind cryptic...

        --Jerry

name:  Jerry Alexandratos         ||  Open-Source software isn't a
phone: 302.593.4322               ||  matter of life or death...
email: darkstar@udel.edu          ||  ...It's much more important