Subject: Re: pthreads
To: Nick Hudson <nick@nthcliff.demon.co.uk>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/24/1999 14:09:24
Nick Hudson <nick@nthcliff.demon.co.uk> writes:

> After playing a little more with the mit-pthreads package I seeing
> several problems and before I spend a lot of time trying to find out
> what the problems are can anyone tell me what the status of built in
> pthreads is. I've seen a thread in which Michael Graff and Perry Metzger
> talked about this, but this was way back in March. Any news?

Nope.

I'm just about ready to start hacking on the MIT pthreads though, with
the goal of bringing it (or a descendent of it) into the main tree.
Why?  Programs are being written that would like to use pthreads.  All
the other OSs out there have it.  We don't.  We lose, and will lose in
bindv9 as well, since it uses pthreads throughout.

--Michael