Subject: Re: 19991018 on iMac not happy
To: Dan Winship <danw@mit.edu>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/20/1999 05:41:57
> > There is also the problem that it prompts for a root device, which didn't
> > happen with 1.4.1 -- that prints stuff about DHCP/BOOTP and then prints the
> > IP addresses and continues.
>
> Do you have "options NFS_BOOT_DHCP" in your kernel config?

Yes, of course, this is a straight GENERIC kernel. I think I got my symptoms
crossed -- the bit about prompting for the root device is what happens when
I try to use the 'N' booting method instead of O-F command line.

Booting -current comes up fine -- remote logins work -- except for the nasty
USB messages and the fact that the console keyboard (a USB device) is dead.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com