Subject: Re: USB scanners?
To: Soren S. Jorvang <>
From: Jukka Marin <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/1999 18:45:54
On Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 05:40:39PM +0200, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:
> > Hmph.. So "USB" means "Useless Serial Bus" ?
> Nah, the class device idea is making progress.
> It's the vendors being dense as usual.

As long as they act like the usually do, USB will not do any good for me,
so it's kind of useless. ;-) :-(  I'm hoping for the best - but I guess
I can say good-bye to the cheap USB scanner and get an expensive SCSI one
or just spend another 10 years thinking about it..

> > What good does SCSI do here
> Yield not to the foul temptation of ATA! :-)

Heh.. :-)  The price is the temptation - plus that nobody sells SCSI stuff
in this town - they will get you SCSI if you want, but then you have to buy
the thing before seeing it. :-I