To: None <email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Jerry Alexandratos <darkstar@UDel.Edu>
Date: 10/17/1999 23:13:53
Hi, I'm currently using another BSD (it's the one that touts itself as
the Ultra-Secure one). Anyway, I'm looking to switch becuase I'm not
quite happy with some of the attitudes around there.
I've used NetBSD in the past, and it looks like it's come a long way
since then, so I'm hoping it'll be the alternative I'm looking for.
I'm hoping that some kind soul could take a few minutes to answer the
following questions and write back to me (I'm not on these lists
1. Has NetBSD done a security code review at some point in recent
history? Yes, I know that they don't have anywhere as many reports
on Bugtraq as NT, but the security weenies at work are gonna try and
nail me on this one.
2. Will the recently imported KAME stuff provide IPSEC for IPv4?
3. I noticed that there's a project to incorporate userland PPP. How's
that going? Anyone want a willing tester?
4. Soft Updates? I know that there was some work to integrate it. Did
it ever get integrated?
5. Is the Xircom CreditCard 10/100 CE-10/100 multilink card supported?
Thanks in advance....
name: Jerry Alexandratos || Open-Source software isn't a
phone: 302.593.4322 || matter of life or death...
email: email@example.com || ...It's much more important
|| than that!