Subject: Re: PCI enumeration (was: ne2000 PCMCIA not working as PCMCIA either.)
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/17/1999 21:34:21
In message <199910180121.SAA04417@Greyhawk.DSG.Stanford.EDU>, Jonathan wrote:

-> And it doesn't work right on a Vaio F350, where (like the 505-tx)
-> the CardBus bridge isnt getting assigned an IRQ by the BIOS.

[...]
-> pccbb.c does at least notice the bridge didn't get an IRQ and
-> hardcodes it to IRQ 10. That didn't work for me[*], but neither did
-> changing it to 3 (edge/level conflict) or 11. Neither did the patch I
-> got from Soren Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>.
->
-> Plus, after touching the pci-cardbus bridge the legacy I/O no longer
-> works, and I have ot powercycle to get the BIOS to reset the brdige.
->
-> [*] I think the USB chip on this Vaio is hardcoded at IRQ10, but it
-> didnt autoconfigure; I got "uhci0: can't map I/O space", so I assume
-> the darn Phoenix BIOS didn't set up I/O space for the USB chip, either.

[...]
-> Are Uchiyama-san's PCI-BIOS patches in
->  ftp://f77.nop.or.jp/users/uch/PCI/PCIBIOS-NetBSD-1.4L-991017.patch.gz
-> a useful fix for any of this -- at least on i386?

I've just downloaded Uchiyama-san's patches and it fixed both the no-IRQ-
for-CardBus-bridge and the no-IO-space-mapped-for-UHCI problems.  In fact,
I'm quite stoked that my configuration works A-OK without any hardcoding
of interrupts in the CardBus bridge code or the UHCI code (actually, I had
to both force IO-space to 'on' and fudge in an interrupt to get my UHCI to
work before Uchiyama-san's patches).

FYI, this is on a DEC HiNote Vp765 (Phoenix NoteBIOS, TI1131 CBB).

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                  rafal@mediaone.net