Subject: cardbus in -current (and PCI configuration)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/1999 20:46:43
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone involved with the CardBus project
for getting the code into the tree.  With some minor hacks, my laptop's
CardBus controller finally becomes something useful...

However, hardcoding the interrupt for the cardbus controller into the source
seems like a very sub-optimal way to get things to work.  I had to track this
down and try a few different choices before I found one that worked.

In the same vein, I finally got the USB controller in this same machine
working.  It needed the same IRQ fixup as the CBB (it only seems to like
IRQ 10), as well as a fixup to enable IO-memory in the PCI command register.
Neither of these is set up by my BIOS.

It would be nice if we had code to autodetect feasable IRQ's and do some
amout of PCI detection/configuration... This would make NetBSD really rock
for the avarage laptop-toting-but-not-kernel-hacking person.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                   rafal@mediaone.net