Subject: Re: configure scripts no longer work?
To: None <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/15/1999 23:48:38
Paul Goyette writes:
- Never mind - that was a result of the src/bin/sh/eval.c problem, which a
- new update fixed.  But now, I'm getting some new:
-
- Making all in changer-src
- cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../config -I../common-src -I../server-src -I/u
- sr/pkg/include -O2  -c scsi-hpux.c
- cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../config -I../common-src -I../server-src -I/u
- sr/pkg/include -O2  -c scsi-chio.c
- scsi-chio.c: In function `isempty':
- scsi-chio.c:128: structure has no member named `ces_type'
- scsi-chio.c:129: structure has no member named `ces_data'
- scsi-chio.c:138: structure has no member named `ces_data'
- scsi-chio.c:140: structure has no member named `ces_data'
-
- (above errors repeated for functions find_empty and drive_loaded)

	It looks like a number of structures were renamed in
chio.h between 1.3 (when that code was written) and now
(1.4-current).  A review (via cvsweb) indicates `struct
changer_element_status' has been radically changed.

	Sadly, I don't have a 1.4-current system to use to (re)write
scsi-chio, and that is what it really needs.. (if you check,
you'll see my name as the original author of this code, although
since then, another has hacked it into something I'd barely
recognize.. :-/)

	In looking at the diffs to <sys/chio.h> from NetBSD 1.3
to NetBSD 1.4-current, I would make the following suggestions:

	`struct changer_element_status' should become a `struct
	    changer_element_status_request'; (and the variables
	     renamed from `ces' to `cesr')
	`ces.ces_type' => `cesr.cesr_type'
	`ces.ces_data => `cesr.cesr_data' (which should be allocated as
	    `changer_info.cp_nslots * sizeof(struct changer_element_status')
	the element check should become something like:
	    `i = cesr.cesr_data[slot].ces_flags & CESTATUS_FULL;'

	Similar changes are probably needed in the other
locations mentioned.

	Disclaimer: The above comments/proposed changes are
based on the code I originally submitted to the Amanda project,
and may not reflect well into the code currently being
distributed by the Amanda project.

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
    "But there's no one who likes the PC who doesn't like Microsoft."