Subject: Re: Cardbus/PCMCIA topics
To: None <>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 10/13/1999 12:03:38
In message <>, writes:

>In message <>, Paul
>B Dokas writes:
>>  I know that they are still beta in quality and stability, but perhaps
>>  we could just integrate them and mark them as experimental like the
>>  rnd device was.

Hayakawa-san is actively working on getting the code into the tree.
I'd guess they will get committed in the next few days.  I think
what'd help most at this point is more helpful review of the code; I
dont know how much is needed, and its (by nature) limited to people
who understand KNF, the bus subsystem, hopefully the hardware, and
ideally people who're developers.

Plus getting _some_ CardBus framework in the tree is a
pre-requisite for supporting more CardBus devices: de21x4x,
other CardBus 10/100 cards, etc.

>I'd like to point out that they're roughly equivalent to PCMCIA for me.
>* ne0 doesn't work
>* CF does
>* ne0 works
>* CF doesn't
>is a pretty even trade-off.

I think it'd be cool if you could help fix these.  (Sounded like
interrupt setup/routing glitch to me, but then I didnt read far :).