Subject: Re: ncr woes in -current (alpha) with cd-r
To: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
From: Markus Kurek <kurek@unidui.uni-duisburg.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/11/1999 15:17:53
Sean Doran wrote:

> When I make the _2nd_ access to /dev/rcd0c  (see relevant config/dmesg below),
> the access hangs on wait channel scsipi or cdlck, and there is a console
> message:
>
> ncr0: SCSI phase error fixup: CCB already dequeued (0xfffffe000004c000)
> ncr0: timeout ccb=0xfffffe000004c000 (skip)
>
> The drive access lights go on solid, and no access to cd0 works.
>
> By not working, that means hanging or complaining about an i/o error.
>
> Sometimes I get a console message when an access hangs:
>
> ncr0: timeout ccb=0xfffffe000004d800 (skip)

Could this be relative to pr:i386/6856 ?
Every attempt to communicate with this "beast" resulted in a locked
scsibus.

With the newest firmware upgrade for the cd-recorder the problem is
gone.
But FreeBSD or even Linux had never a problem with this cd-recorder
even with the older firmware.

--
Markus Kurek