Subject: NULLFS and sockets
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/10/1999 14:34:16
I expected the following to work but it seems it doesn't. I got
it down to an almost trivial setup that doesn't work:

I run syslogd with option `-p /test/run/log'

/test/run is then read-write nullfs-mounted onto another
directory that is part of a chroot-ed environment, say:

mount -t nullfs /test/run /usr/chroot/var/run

Applications running chroot-edwithin the /usr/chroot environment
should (I thought) now be able to log to syslogd
using (/usr/chroot)/var/run/log.

But syslogd doesn't log anything (while it does when I run
syslog with `-p /usr/chroot/var/run/log').

Is this indication of some bug, lacking feature or am I
doing/thinking something wrong?

Feico.