Subject: Re: NetBSD - ready for prime-time fileserving?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Thierry Herbelot <herbelot@cybercable.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 10/07/1999 22:13:17
Hummm

You certainly know that the largest FTP server on the internet is a
uniprocessor using a standard 3.3 release of FreeBSD ? (ftp.cdrom.com
aka www.freebsd.org - the stats are at
<http://www.emsphone.com/stats/cdrom.html>)

The intel processors are speedy enough that they aren't the bottleneck
(you disk drives will be, unless you have multiple SCSI adapters and
lots of individual drives)

	Cheers

	Tfh (obviously a happy freebsd user,and too lazy install a second BSD)