Subject: Re: NetBSD - ready for prime-time fileserving?
To: Jason Thorpe <>
From: Thierry Herbelot <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/07/1999 22:13:17

You certainly know that the largest FTP server on the internet is a
uniprocessor using a standard 3.3 release of FreeBSD ? (
aka - the stats are at

The intel processors are speedy enough that they aren't the bottleneck
(you disk drives will be, unless you have multiple SCSI adapters and
lots of individual drives)

	Tfh (obviously a happy freebsd user,and too lazy install a second BSD)